Hello all, hope your having a great summer so far!
Just recently, I’ve had the extraordinary privilege of receiving two nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award, and I’m wholeheartedly honored to receive them. I was nominated by SmartsandSparkles and TashneeVMavee, so please check them out!
Created by Okoto Enigma, the Mystery Blogger Award, is this cool award for bloggers with innovative and intelligent posts. She writes that,
Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
A huge thank you to Okoto Enigma for creating this ingenious award! With each nomination, it is required by the nominated blogger to answer a couple questions from their nominator.
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Put the award logo or image on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in your post.
- Name the creator of the award and link their blog.
- List the rules.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees 5 original questions of your choice.
- Share links to your best blog posts.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
So my first nominator, SmartsandSparkles, asks:
- What’s your favorite topic to write about?
My absolute favorite topic to write about would have to be a tie between OOTDs and Black News (this realm includes anything to do with African-American culture, race relations, Black celebrity lifestyle and fashion, Black Lives Matter, and of course Black History Month).
- What gave you the idea to begin a blog?
The initial idea for me to begin what was Noire Rewritten, and what has now evolved into Femme Rewritten, came from my sheer love of writing. I’ve been writing since I was a little girl, and since then, I’ve written three novels, won awards in school and from popular authors like April Linder, been published, been accepted to write for a popular magazine, and have started this blog! I aspire to join my university’s Journalism crew this year, finish another novel, and flesh out some freelance ideas I’ve been working on.
- Dogs, cats, or both?
This is a hard one, as I’ve never had a dog before, and my aunt has a cat that I’m constantly around, but I’ll have to go with dogs! They’re seem to be bit friendlier, and from what I’ve experienced, like to cuddle a lot more.
- What’s a pet peeve of yours?
Probably my biggest pet peeve to date would have to be people not keeping their word. I see myself as a person of integrity and someone who never breaks a promise, and I’d love for other people to abide by that same unspoken rule as well.
My other would be not knowing what word I want to use, even though it’s on the very tip of my tongue haha.
- What’s a piece of advice you’d give to a beginning blogger?
Never isolate yourself! Get out there and make a connection to something, or with someone! Whether it be in WordPress, other blogging communities, school, or work, get yourself and your work out there. To do that, you have to be willing to meet them halfway sometimes. Be sure to read, comment, and like on other people’s pieces every now and then! Major key.
My second nominator, TashneeVMavee, asks:
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever done?
The weirdest thing I’ve ever done? I honestly don’t know, but the funniest has got to be one time I was taking food up to my room, and I tripped up the stairs and spilled it everywhere. I cleaned it up and my parents never found out lmao.
- Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
For some reason I’ve always preferred English and the Arts over every other subject, and I feel that that’s helped me with this blog quite a bit, as I love to read, and reading can only make you a better writer.
I also consider my love of writing to be a major strength in my blogging efforts. Nothing fuels you more than passion.
- Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
The person that has impacted me most in blogging is my mom, she fueled my love for English, reading and the arts because of how much she loved them too. She also wanted to start a blog, but unfortunately we never got to it. One day I hope to start a blog centered around her idea in honor of her.
- Who was your first style icon?
Again, my momma. Her fashion sense was amazing. She always knew what to pair with what, where to find the best styles and deals to coincide, and her way of life was simply effortless. She’s also bought me a lot of the pieces that I’ve featured on my OOTD posts (like the Green American Rag Cargo Jacket and the Michael Kors Jet Set purse!).
- How would you describe your blogging style?
My blogging style tends to run along the lines of poetic and free with a touch of purple prose, yet explanatory and relying somewhat on visuals. I love photography, so I try to feature some of mine every now and then. I write about African-American and African culture, cosmetics, fashion, Feminist culture, lifestyle, and anything else that embraces everything that a woman is or can be!
3 Things About Myself
- I love fashion. This includes clothes, handbags, accessories, shoes, cosmetics, and the process of acquiring said items… Shopping.
- Organization is a huge part of my life, and I use it as a stress reliever. Mapping out my week in my 2 year planner, filling up my calendar, and reorganizing my room and closet fill me with this unbelievable sense of satisfaction that I can’t get from any where else… Besides completing and publishing a blog post of course 😉
- As for being a writer, I’m also an entrepreneur, a self-declared photographer, and an athlete (Tennis, Volleyball, and Yoga).
Below I have listed and linked 15 amazing femme bloggers I’ve met here on WordPress who I believe deserve the Mystery Blogger Award ten times over. Congrats guys!
- Built By Flaws
- Tonye Tariah Fitness & Health
- Rated T
- Chocolate & Confident
- The White Rose
- Melissa Kimberly
- Samantha Boulos
- Affa Bonnie
- Not Your Average Girly Girl
- Life of Angela
- Pinot & Peeptoes
- The Terrence Effect
- I Wanna Be a Lady
- Niken’s Martini
My Questions for the Nominees
- What made you start your blog, and what makes you stay?
- If you had to write about one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- Where’s your favorite place to write? (Mine is Starbucks ☕️ and outside on warm summer nights 🌴)
- If you could be anywhere in the world, doing anything, with anyone, where would you be, what would you be doing, and who would you be doing it with?
Again thank you so so so much for the nominations as these are my very first on WordPress to date. While you’re here, why not check out some of my fav posts?
Stay tuned for my post about my One Lovely Blogger nomination!!
Sending my love,